Dr. Kevin Schafer is a foot and ankle specialist at University Orthopaedic Associates. He obtained his medical degree at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Medical Society. He then completed his orthopaedic residency at Washington University in St. Louis, a training program consistently ranked as one of the best in the country. Dr. Schafer completed his fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, where he received specialized training in minimally invasive techniques, complex reconstructive procedures, and total ankle arthroplasty from pioneers in the field.
- Patent recipient: Patent No. US10198968B2. Method for Creating A Computer Model of a Joint for Treatment Planning. Hospital for Special Surgery
- AOFAS Resident Scholar Recipient
- University Honors, Johns Hopkins University
- Dept. Honors, Dept. of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- Inducted into Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Inducted into Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society